Updated 7 November 2016 with revised programme and content of talk.
The programme for the CIPA Life Sciences Conference 2016 (The Grand, Brighton, 14 and 15 November 2016) has been announced:
- UPC Post Brexit from a Big Pharma Perspective Ewan Nettleton (Novartis)
- Coordination of Parallel UK & US Proceedings Liz Cohen (Bristows)
- View on Brexit from the US Seth Levy (Nixon Peabody)
- Regulatory Data Protection Duncan Curley (Innovate Legal)
- SPCs Tony Rollins
- Entry to the Market – A Generics Perspective Robert Fitt (Mylan)
- Dating: How to know they are the one for you: Valuing your Ideal Partner Nigel Crockett (Tukan Partners Ltd)
- Making it Work: Secrets to a Successful (Working) Relationship Rachel Thornley (GSK)
- Tying the knot: Putting the Right Agreement Together Luke Kempton (Gowling WLG)
- Partnering with Pharma: Better to be Single? Andre Hoekema (Galapagos)
- Patent Litigation in China Tom Carver (Kemp)
- Scientific Presentation Laurence Pearl (CSO Domainex)
- Pre-dinner Talk Michael Silverleaf QC (11 South Square)
- How Patent Analytics Will Help the Life Science Industry Nigel Swycher (Aistemos)
- UK Case Law Update Mark Ridgway (Allen & Overy) and Dev Crease (Keltie LLP)
- Asia Pacific IP Update Chong Yee Khoo (Cantab IP)
- US Law Update Seth Levy (Nixon Peabody)
- EPO Update Panel Discussion Siobhan Yeats (European Patent Office), Hazel Ford (Finnegan) and Christopher Rennie-Smith
My presentation on the morning of the Tuesday will cover updates on patent law and practice, particularly as they relate to biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, in Japan, India, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
Registration is now open for the conference.