Dr Khoo Chong-Yee will also be attending the Spring Meeting of the American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (AIPLA) in Austin, Texas from 10 to 12th May 2012.
Here’s some information on the AIPLA Spring Meeting 2012 from the AIPLA Spring Meeting 2012 website:
“This year’s AIPLA Spring Meeting is jam-packed with sessions on topics essential to the IP community. The passage of the America Invents Act will change the IP landscape permanently. Will you be ready?
Join your colleagues from around the world to get in-depth information on the America Invents Act, and some of these hot issues:
- America Invents Act – Deep Dives including:
- Transition to First-to-File
- Prioritized Examination/Track 1
- Inter Partes Review + Interferences
- Healthcare Policy and Patenting
- Smartphone Wars
- Licensing in the Wake of Google
- Update on the Use of gTLDs
- Trademarks and Social Media
- IP Eye on China, Korea, Japan and India”