Dr Chong-Yee Khoo has been invited to give a presentation at the CIPA IP Paralegals Virtual Conference 2021.
The conference will be held from 29 September 2021 to 1 October 2021. This is the second year the conference will be held over a virtual platform.
Dr Khoo’s presentation will be on patent formalities in Singapore. His talk will cover the key features of the Singapore patent system and the basic requirements for filing a patent application in Singapore. Dr Khoo will discuss the deadlines for requesting search and examination in Singapore. He will set out the various routes for prosecuting a Singapore patent application that are available to applicants, as well as the considerations that should be taken when choosing which route to take.
The steps an applicant of a patent should take in prosecuting the patent application in Singapore, including amending a patent application and the issues of added subject matter, as well as the eventual grant process, will be discussed. The Singapore Patents Act allows for the possibility of requesting a review of the Examination Report, and Dr Khoo will discuss the steps that need to be taken to initiate such an Examination Review.
Dr Khoo’s talk will also address the possibility of making voluntary amendments to a patent application, filing of divisional applications, making changes to the patent (including changes of ownership and address changes), and the payment of renewal or maintenance fees on Singapore patents.
The conference will also hear other presentations on
- Everything You Need To Know About Hong Kong Formalities Including Recordal of Assignments & Licences
- Patent Applications in South Africa: So Easy and So Easily Disastrous
- IP Policy and Practice in the Post-Brexit World
- Welcome and Introduction
- IPO Formalities
- EPO Formalities
- WIPO PCT Update on Latest Developments and Challenges
- The right strategy to approach M&A Recordals projects: a business case analysis
- Mental Health Matters: A Proactive Approach for Paralegals
- Designs – Hague System Formalities from International Application to Renewal
- IP Inclusive: A Community for All”
For more information on the event, please visit the paralegal conference website.